Senior Impact Manager
Innpact is the first certified B Corporation and the first impact finance AIFM in Luxembourg. We recruit people who believe in finance as a force for good to support sustainable impact finance initiatives aiming at solving social and environmental issues. Our talents are passionate about impact finance and have very high ethical standards.
Based in Luxembourg and active globally, we provide specialised impact finance consulting services and fund management services to numerous impact finance initiatives. Innpact has supported the establishment of impact finance vehicles in excess of € 8. billion providing significant contributions to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Through our AIFM and CIS Manager and non-regulated services and in collaboration with impact investment management firms, Innpact manages a dozen of mid and large size impact vehicles active in microfinance, renewable energy, conservation, carbon projects or agriculture. Innpact brings its 15 years’ experience through various tailor-made services including portfolio management, risk management, compliance, reporting and impact management services.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Impact Manager for our Advisory Services Team.
To help our partner impact funds reach their impact objectives, Innpact has developed a dedicated team of impact measurement and management (‘IMM’) experts. This team of impact managers work closely with the Investment Manager of the fund to design and implement the impact strategy of the fund according to best IMM practices and EU or other Sustainable Finance Regulations.
Reporting to the Head of Impact, the Senior Impact Manager role is to independently develop and lead IMM mandates including design of the impact management framework, review of investee due diligence, portfolio monitoring, drafting of reports, technical advice and value-add to the investees in line with EU Sustainable Finance Regulations. S/He will work closely with the relevant investment/risk/IMM teams of our partner Investment Managers.
The hands-on Senior Impact Manager will notably:
- Lead the design of the Impact Management Framework of the fund including design and/or review of the theory of change, impact objectives and targets setting, ESMS etc.
- Assess our partner Investment Manager’s gaps against IMM, ESG, EU SFDR & Taxonomy requirements / policies and identify opportunities for value addition to the fund and investees.
- Review investee due diligence from an IMM, ESG and EU or other Sustainable Finance Regulatory perspective (where appropriate).
Impact Analysis and Management
- Be able to negotiate, appoint and manage specialist consultants, including for complex Impact/ESG due diligence and / or monitoring.
- Contribute to the evaluation of investment proposals, including via investment and impact committee papers and meetings.
- Support in negotiations with portfolio companies to ensure that ESG rights are embedded in legal agreements, including impact action plans (where appropriate).
- Post-investment, work with investees to improve their ESG management systems, policies and procedures, including the monitoring of ESG risks and the implementation of E&S action plans (where relevant).
- Regularly support the partner Investment Manager in monitoring investee’s compliance with the Fund impact management system, including the implementation of agreed action plans and/or by attendance of sub-committees of boards (as required).
- Act as Impact/Sustainability officer for impact funds.
- Draft ESG and Impact quarterly and annual reports in alignment with EU and other sustainable finance regulations.
- Contribute to the delivery of IMM, ESG, SFDR & Taxonomy training, both for internal and external teams.
- Develop IMM tools and templates.
- Work on ad hoc projects. For instance, proposals and external marketing communications on ESG, SFDR & Taxonomy such as an Innpact annual report and case studies highlighting impact value contribution.
- Mentoring and working with more junior team members.
- Represent the company and potentially the client with external stakeholders, including limited partners and at responsible investment conferences.
No extensive travel is expected for this position but might take place on a case by case basis.
If you have the following profile, we are highly interested in hearing from you!
- At least 6 years’ work experience in a related field (impact investing, ESG, sustainability etc) at an investment fund, development finance agency, financial institution, or similar entity.
- Demonstrated understanding of leading impact and reporting standards and frameworks for investors (e.g. IFC Performance Standards, IRIS+, Equator Principles, Impact Management Platform, World Bank’s EHS Guidelines) and their practical application in the fund manager context.
- Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, preferably sustainable finance, environmental engineering, environmental or social studies; development studies / development finance; or a similar area.
- Demonstrable Knowledge and Experience in:
- Development projects in Emerging countries.
- ESG risk measurement and management.
- Review of ESG/Impact investments.
- Implementing EU SFDR & Taxonomy regulation
- Strong project and team management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritise a busy and diverse workload with a range of deliverables for a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Experience analyzing the ESG/Impact management systems of corporate – Considered as a plus.
- Highly motivated and results driven taking responsibility and full ownership of projects from beginning to end.
- Good judgement and attention to detail.
We offer you…
- A highly motivating and dynamic work environment in a growing and appreciated industry where you will be able to develop your personal and professional competencies and your skills.
- An opportunity to work in the impact finance area which combines financial services, sustainable development and ethical values.
- A challenging and very diversified position with the opportunity to design, build and continuously improve financial management (reporting) processes and develop tools in your area of responsibility.
- Depending on experience, the opportunity to contribute to the management, supervision and coaching of a team of peer professionals.
If you believe your experience and motivations match this job offer, we would appreciate receiving your application via our dedicated recruitment platform.
Please refer to our website (www.innpact.com) to learn more about our team, services, clients and values.