Senior Risk Manager for an AIFM
(Full-time/40 hours per week, permanent position, starting as soon as possible)
Innpact is the first certified B Corporation in Luxembourg. We recruit people who believe in finance as a force for good to support sustainable impact finance initiatives aiming at solving social and environmental issues. Our talents are passionate about impact finance and have very high ethical standards.
Based in Luxembourg, we are active globally and provide specialized consulting services in the establishment and management of impact finance initiatives. Innpact has supported the establishment of impact finance vehicles in excess of €8 billion, providing significant contributions to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Through our AIFM and CIS Manager and non-regulated services and in collaboration with impact investment management firms, Innpact manages a dozen of mid and large size impact vehicles active in microfinance, renewable energy, conservation, carbon projects or agriculture. Innpact brings its 15 years’ experience through various tailor-made services including portfolio management, risk management, compliance, reporting and impact management services.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Risk Manager for the authorized AIFM of Innpact group, Innpact Fund Management S.A. The AIFM manages private equity and private debt regulated alternative investment fund vehicles and RAIFs in sustainable finance.
We are currently looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Risk Manager to join our dynamic team. The Senior Risk Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing and enhancing the risk management framework, ensuring the continued success and stability of our investment strategies.
- Risk Assessment: Thoroughly evaluate risks in different investment strategies and portfolios while identifying potential vulnerabilities. Establish risk profiles for the AIFs under management.
- Portfolio Oversight & Investment Compliance: Continuously monitor investment portfolios to gauge and manage risk levels effectively and to monitor investment compliance on pre-/post transaction basis.
- Risk Mitigation: Collaborate closely with portfolio managers/investment advisors and stakeholders to create and implement risk mitigation strategies. Recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Regulatory Adherence: Stay current with industry regulations and ensure strict compliance with relevant standards.
- Comprehensive Reporting: Prepare and deliver comprehensive risk reports to senior management and AIF boards, offering valuable insights and recommendations for enhancing risk management.
- Scenario Evaluation: Conduct scenario analysis and stress tests to assess how adverse market conditions might impact portfolios.
- Collaborative Approach: Work in close coordination with colleagues from various departments, including portfolio management, legal, and operations, to foster effective risk management practices.
- Risk Policy Enhancement: Contribute to the development and refinement of the company’s risk policies and procedures.
- The Senior Risk Manager will furthermore be expected to actively participate in various client- and development projects by applying his/her risk management expertise.
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong desire to align his/her job to deliver sustainable and responsible services and is highly motivated to support the development of the impact finance sector.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or a related field. A CFA/FRM certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in risk management with alternative illiquid investment industry (private debt, private equity, …), preferably within an AIFM.
- Knowledge- and first-hand working experience with Article 8+/9 funds of SFDR and integration of sustainability risks to overall risk management framework would be considered a strong advantage.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including proficiency in risk modeling and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of various risk assessment methodologies, such as stress testing, scenario analysis and financial mathematics.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, compliance standards and investment restrictions relevant to the investment management industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex risk concepts to diverse audiences.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and financial modelling.
- Critical thinker, proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
We offer you:
- A highly motivating and dynamic work environment in a growing and appreciated sector where you will be able to develop your personal and professional competencies and your skills.
- An opportunity to work in the forefront of impact finance, combining financial services, sustainable development, and ethical values.
- The opportunity to interact professionally and frequently with major international investment advisors, fund promoters, and banks.
- A challenging and very diversified position with the opportunity to participate in shaping the future developments of our business and support our clients in reaching their objectives.
If you believe your experience and motivations match this job offer, we would appreciate receiving your application via our recruitment platform: https://taleez.com/apply/senior-risk-manager-luxembourg-innpact-s-a-cdi .
Please refer to our website (www.innpact.com) to learn more about our team, services, clients, and values.