Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
The Clean and Energy Inclusion for Africa Foundation, or CEI Africa, was established by KfW on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2021 to improve access to energy (A2E) for rural households and enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa.
With EUR 49m initially committed, CEI Africa supports the delivery of climate-friendly electricity by financing green mini grid developers and off-grid solar companies through a Crowdlending window and a Results-based finance window and multiple types of investments combined with technical assistance.
The managing consortium of CEI Africa works with financers, off-grid solar and the mini-grid experts (Triple Jump, Persistent, GreenMax Capital Advisors), to develop investment solutions that bridge the financing gap in the most challenging access to energy sub-sectors.
Innpact has supported KFW in the design, structuring and setup of CEI Africa as a Dutch Foundation.
- Name: Stichting Clean Energy and Energy Inclusion for Africa
- Inception: November 2021
- Domicile: The Netherlands
- Initiator: KfW
- Fund Managers: Triple Jump, Persistent, GreenMax Capital Advisors
- Sector: Clean energy
- Geographic Focus: Benin, DRC, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia
- Target investees and end‐beneficiaries: MSMEs and households in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Financial Instruments: Debt and result based financing instruments
- Type: Foundation
- Info: https://cei-africa.com/
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.