Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
&Green invests in commercial projects in agricultural production value chains in order to protect and restore tropical forests and peatlands and make agriculture more inclusive and sustainable. The Fund provides credit or guarantees to finance commodity supply chain projects in jurisdictions with progressive forest and/or peatlands protection strategies & policies.
&Green has an environmental return target of 5 million hectares of tropical forest protected or restored. &Green will assess every transaction with respect to its potential for generating environmental return, and will monitor its achievement through a suitable set of transparent KPIs.
Innpact has supported IDH in the whole design, structuring and incorporation process of the Fund. We are thrilled to provide ongoing support as a fund management advisor.
- Name: &Green
- Inception: 2017
- Domicile: The Netherlands
- Initiator: IDH – the Sustainable Trade Initiative
Investment advisor: Sail Ventures
- Sector : Agriculture production, Forestry
- Geographic Focus : Tropical Forest Countries globally
- Investees: supply chain companies medium to large scale plantation and farming business, financial institutions managing an agriculture portfolio
- Instruments : subordinated creditor guarantees, under flexible terms
- Info: www.andgreen.fund
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.