LAFCo – Lending for African Farming Company
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
LAFCo provides loans to agricultural SMEs throughout sub-Saharan Africa that work directly with smallholder farmers, with a primary focus on businesses that advance local and regional food security. They endeavors to serve the day-to-day working capital needs of agricultural businesses, particularly those operating in staple food crop value chains.
Innpact actively collaborated with the initiating partners in the set-up and implementation phase of LAFCo as a Mauritius-based GBL1 Investment Company. Innpact has further been mandated to continue its support to LAFCo.
- Name: Lending for African Farming Company
- Inception : 2015
- Domicile: Mauritius
- Initiators : KfW Development Bank, AgDevCo
- Company Manager : Barak Fund Management
- Sector : Agriculture
- Geographic Focus : Sub-Saharan Africa
- End‐Beneficiaries : Agricultural enterprises
- Financial Instruments : Debt instruments
- Type : Debt Fund
- Info : www.lendingforafricanfarming.com
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.