MIDF – Municipal Infrastructure Development Fund
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
The mission of MIDF is to provide senior loan finance for projects in municipalities as well as utility companies in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia. The funding is used for infrastructure investments in water and wastewater, district heating, solid waste management, energy efficiency, public transport and other municipal infrastructure.
Design and implementation of the fund.
- Name: Municipal Infrastructure Development Fund
- Inception: 2012
- Initiators: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, KfW Development Bank
- Investment Manager: Frankfurt School Financial Services GmbH, Frankfurt
- Sector: Municipal lending and infrastructure
- Geographic Focus: Western Balkans
- Target Financial Intermediaries: Local commercial banks
- End‐Beneficiaries: Municipalities , municipality-owned entities or companies, other public institutions owning or operating municipal infrastructure, private sector operators involved in the provision of municipal services
- Financial Instruments: Senior loans, risk sharing instruments
- Non‐Financial Services: Technical assistance to participating banks and to beneficiaries
- Type: Debt Fund
- Info: http:// https://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/projects/psd/municipal-infrastructure-development-fund.html
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.