REGMIFA – The Regional MSME Investment Fund for Sub-Saharan Africa
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
REGMIFA fosters economic development and prosperity as well as employment creation, income generation and poverty alleviation in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) through the provision of innovative financial products and, to the extent necessary, technical assistance support to eligible Partner Lending Institutions (PLIs) which serve micro-entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized businesses (MSMEs).
Innpact helped in the design and implementation of the fund and currently acting under a management support mandate.
- Name: The Regional MSME Investment Fund for Sub-Saharan Africa SA, SICA – SIF
- Inception: 2010
- Domicile: Luxembourg
- Initiators: KfW Development Bank, BMZ, EU
- Investment Manager: Symbiotics Asset Management SA, Geneva
- Sector: Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the Sub-Saharan Africa region
- Geographic Focus: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Target Financial Intermediaries: MFIs, local commercial banks, and other FIs providing funding for MSMEs
- End‐Beneficiaries: Micro, small and medium enterprises
- Financial Instruments: Debt instruments
- Non‐Financial Services: Technical Assistance Facility
- Type: Predominantly Debt Fund
- Outstanding portfolio: USD 114 million
- Info: www.regmifa.com
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.