SEFAA – Social Enterprise Fund for Agriculture in Africa
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
The fund’s mission is to contribute to enhancing the business ecosystem, income opportunities and thus the livelihood conditions of smallholder farmers (SHFs) in the agri-sector in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). This can be achieved by providing appropriate growth funding to potentially viable agricultural enterprises that actively and substantively contribute to enhancing the business ecosystem, or income opportunities, for smallholder farmers (SHFs).
These enterprises are difficult to find and reach, require high engagement to understand their financing needs and flexibility in structuring and a diversity of instruments appropriate to those needs.
Innpact Fund Management S.A. was selected to be the Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) in 2022 and worked with the initiators of the fund to be appointed as the AIFM of the Fund towards the end of Q1 2023. Sahel Capital (Mauritius) Limited is the Investment Advisor and the AIFM is responsible for Portfolio Management. Additional support services are provided by Innpact S.A.
- Name: The Social Enterprise Fund for Agriculture in Africa SA SICAV-RAIF
- Inception: December 2020
- Domicile: Luxembourg
- Investment Advisor: Sahel Capital (Mauritius) Limited
- AIFM: Innpact Fund Management S.A.
- Portfolio Manager: Innpact Fund Management S.A.
- Sector: Agriculture
- Geographic Focus: Sub-Saharan Africa
- End‐Beneficiaries: Smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Financial Instruments: Private Debt and Private Equity type investments
- Type: Luxembourg SA, SICAV-RAIF
- SFDR Classification: Article 9
- Info: https://sefaafund.com/
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.