EEEF – The European Energy Efficiency Fund SA
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
The European Energy Efficiency Fund (EEEF) focuses on financing energy efficiency, small-scale renewable energy, and clean urban transport projects (at market rates) targeting municipal, local and regional authorities and public and private entities acting on behalf of those authorities. They, therefore, aims to support the goals of the European Union to promote a sustainable energy market and climate protection.
Innpact contributed in the design and implementation of the fund.
- Name: The European Energy Efficiency Fund SA, SICAV-SIF
- Inception: 2011
- Initiators: European Commission in cooperation with the European Investment Bank
- Investment Manager: Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt
- Sector: Energy efficiency & Renewable energy
- Geographic Focus: European Union
- Direct investments: Project developers, energy service companies (ESCOs), small scale renewable energy and energy efficiency service and supply companies
- Target Financial Intermediaries: Local commercial banks, leasing companies and other selected financial institutions
- End‐Beneficiaries: Municipal, local and regional authorities
- Financial Instruments: Senior debt, mezzanine instruments, leasing structures and forfeiting loans(in cooperation with industry partners), subordinated debt, guarantees
- Non‐Financial Services: Technical Assistance Facility
- Type: Predominantly Debt Fund
- Outstanding portfolio as of 30 September 2014: EUR 115.1 million
- Info: www.eeef.lu
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.