Green for Growth Fund
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targeted
Description of the Project
The Green for Growth Fund provides medium to long-term financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy products/projects to strong and reputable commercial banks, micro-finance institutions leasing companies, and other non-bank financial institutions committed to the same energy saving objectives. The financial institutions on-lend these funds to sub-borrowers such as households, household associations, small and medium enterprises, large business, municipalities, public sector entities and renewable energy projects.
The activities of GGF are supported by a Technical Assistance Facility.
Innpact supported the design, structuring and implementation of the fund and currently acts as General Secretary under a management support mandate.
- Name : Green for Growth Fund, Southeast Europe SA, SICAV-SIF
- Inception : 2009
- Domicile: Luxembourg
- Initiators : European Investment Bank and KfW Development Bank
- Advisor: Finance in Motion GmbH, Frankfurt/Main
- Sector : Energy efficiency & Renewable energy
- Geographic Focus : Southeast Europe, including Turkey, as well as in the nearby European Eastern Neighbourhood region
- Target Financial Intermediaries : Financial institutions (commercial banks and non- bank financial institutions, such as leasing companies) , small RE projects, companies, municipal entities, direct financing of Energy Service Companies
- End‐Beneficiaries : Private households and small and medium-sized enterprises
- Financial Instruments : Medium to long-term senior loans, subordinated loans, syndicated loans, letters of credit, guarantees, mezzanine debt instruments, local debt securities
- Non‐Financial Services : Technical Assistance Facility
- Type: Debt fund
- Outstanding portfolio : EUR 372.4 million
- Info : www.ggf.lu
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.